What is Trehalose Sugar?
Trehalose sugar consists of two molecules of glucose and is found in some bacteria, fungi, plants, and invertebrates. Trehalose is also known as mycose. Trehalose is used in foods where it may enhance certain flavors. As Trehalose is composed of two glucose molecules, it is converted to 100% glycogen with zero fructose. Glycogen stored in muscles and liver is the highest form of reserve energy.
Trehalose Sugar Benefits †
This multi-functional sugar is a sweet way to keep your blood sugar levels in check while increasing your energy levels and stamina. Trehalose sugar is a sweetener that also acts as an antioxidant in the body. Yes, you read that correctly! It's the sugar with benefits!
- Sweetener that stabilizes proteins
- Helps control appetite and blood sugar levels
- Delayed energy release (up to 2 hours)
- Liver support
- Supports healthy brain function
- Supports dental & oral health